Date(s) - Sunday 25 March, 2018
Ron and I have decided to run a trip to Twister and Rocky Canyon on March 25. It’s a good opportunity for beginners who want to get a taste of canyoning.
It’s a beautiful canyon and doesn’t have any abseils though you need to have a good level of fitness. It involves a series of jumps, slides and swims which makes it a lot of fun.The water might be cold and it’s necessary you can swim confidently for long distance.
Check out this link for more info and photos: http://ozultimate.com/canyoning/track_notes/rocky_creek.htm
What to bring:
1. Helmets, Wetsuits, Canyon pack and dry bag (Club can provide these)
2. Grippy shoes (Volleys are great)
3. Woollen socks (IMPORTANT)
4. Bring your own food and minimum 2L of water
5. A rain/spray jacket
6. Old shorts to protect wetsuits
7. Dry clothes to change when we drive back
Preference will be given to those who can bring a car. (Petrol cost can be shared by carpooling)
Selected participants will be contacted further.
This activity is fully booked.