Date(s) - Friday 26 January, 2018 - Sunday 28 January, 2018
It’s peak Canyoning season!
Max and I will be running a 3 day camping/canyoning weekend down at the South Coast.
We’ll be doing some fairly wet canyons in the region and you’ll need to be proficient at swimming in deep cold water for at least 50 metres with a backpack, abseiling, have previous canyoning experience and be fit to do the long walk in’s and steep walk out carrying heavy packs.
You will also need to bring along the following essential personal items.
• Grippy rubber shoes – such as Dunlop volleys
• Woollen socks and thermals (no cotton items as these will not insulate you from the cold)
• Light rain jacket (even if not raining)
• Harness, and safety line, descender, helmet, canyon pack, drybag, headtorch, and of course full steamer wetsuit.
• Spare pair of shorts to be worn over the wetsuit for protection.
• Small first aid kit.
• Spare change of dry clothes to be left at the car.
• Sun protection
• Petrol money for your driver.
• Camping gear and food and water for dinner, breakfast and 2 lunches.
The Club can provide you Harness and safety line, rap rack, descender, helmet, canyon pack, dry bag, head torch and wetsuit should you require them.
Borrowing camping Gear and possible Cabin accommodation
If you need camping gear for the weekend, please indicate if you require tents, sleeping bag or mat when joining this activity.
Participants need to be aware that free camping grounds are limited in this area.
Further, due to the long weekend many of the paid campsites have been booked out.
This being the case we may need to book cabins, please factor additional accommodation costs of up to $60 for 2 nights per person.
Registration for this trip will need to close soon as we need to book and pay for accommodation.
Trip Cancellations due to weather.
Please note these canyoning trips are weather dependant, so are subject to be cancelled if the weather is not suitable.
See you soon on the trip,
Susan and Max
This activity is fully booked.