Date(s) - Sunday 19 August, 2018
A few our trip leaders recently attended a two day self-rescue course up in the Blue Mountains and would love to share what we learn while at the same time rehearse and practice some of the techniques.
We will have a few trip leaders on hand where we will have up to 8+ Ropes. The cliffs are 30+ meters tall and some are exposed over hangs. The location will be both Rosa Gully and Diamond bay. The intent is that each station will demonstrate a particular skills taken from more advance skills trips such as Abseil 2/3 and Improvise Rope Rescue 1/2/3.
The trip is intended for experienced participants that want to gain more technical and “process” skills which go into running a trip and, Current trip leaders that would like a refresher.
To be considered for this trip, you must have prior knowledge in:
• Good knowledge of knots and their applications,
• Completed Abseil Skill 1, Rock Skills 1 (basically demonstrate strong principle of rope safety)
• Knowledge in Anchors building.
Already ticked these boxes? Read on…
• Already possess the above experience but not confident on becoming a trip leader
• Already a trip leader but want to learn and run more advance trips
• You know some cool skills and want to come along and share it with other trip leaders.
To sign up for this trip please fill out the required format in “what gear do you need” (Copy and paste)
• I.e. What I’ve done with the club and outside of the club
What I want to learn:
• I.e. How to haul a climber past a crux (please be very specific)
What I want to share in the workshop:
• I.e. Retrievable anchor using Single rope technique, and a tag line Etc (please be very specific)
Gear I need:
• I.e. Prussiks as I don’t have enough
Where: Rosa Gully/Diamond Bay reserve at (4 Craig Avenue, Vaucluse NSW)
When: 19th Of August (Sunday) 9am till 5pm
Participants are closed for this activity.