Date(s) - Saturday 24 February, 2018 - Sunday 25 February, 2018
Our dedicated External Training Officer is away rock climbing in Vietnam and tracing the footsteps of Lara Croft in Cambodia so I’ll be organising this years first aid course.
Every year our club provides valuable first aid training to our Trip Leaders and club members providing us with the skills to respond appropriately should someone be injured.
For the past 7 years UTSOAC has been working closely with Greg James of All Aid First Aid who not only teaches us essential first aid skills needed in the bush but provides real life scenarios to put our skills to the test.
At the end of this two day course you’ll obtain the following qualifications:
* HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (valid 12 months)
* HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support (valid 3 years)
* HLTAID005 – Provide first aid in remote situations (valid 3 years)
14 spots are being offered for this course which will quickly fill up as always.
Who can sign up? Any club member can sign up for this course however active Trip Leaders will be given preference as always. A standby list will be created so don’t worry if you don’t get a spot straight away.
A $50 deposit is required from each participant as this course comes at a significant cost to the club however the club will subsidise the remainder cost.
Can you get the $50 deposit back? Yes you can! If you run a trip in the following 12 months we’ll refund it back to you making this course free of charge.
To be considered for this course you must:
* Be a financial club member
* Sign up to this trip
* Provide your email and mobile number so I can contact you
* Respond to my emails (sometimes people fail to respond believe it or not)
Hope you’re all having a safe festive season and new year,