Date(s) - Sunday 04 February, 2018
Serendipity is a beautiful canyon in the Wollangambe region of the blue mountains with some good abseils. You need to be good at abseiling as it has around 2-6 abseils. A good level of fitness, and able to swim at least 50 metres would be required.
Susan is leading the trip, I will be seconding the trip.
Fitness and skills requirements:
• Able to swim in deep cold water up to 50 metres.
• Can hike in and out for at least an hour with a heavy canyon pack.
• Be able to do some water jumps
• Be able to scramble over large boulders and rocks.
• Recently completed abseils skills 1 or recently abseiled confidently in other club trips.
The club can provide wetsuits, helmets, dry bags and canyon packs, and belay device. Please advise what you need.
Priority will be given to those with cars.
Personal items to bring:
• Lunch, snacks, at least 2 litres of water.
• Woollen or thermal socks a must!
• Grippy rubber shoes (ie.Volleys from Target or Kmart)
• Old Shorts to protect wetsuit bottoms.
• If you feel sensitive to cold rivers, please bring additional thermal tops.
• Light packable rain or spray jacket
• Spare change of dry clothes
• Small first-aid kit if you have one
• Hat and Sunscreen
• Petrol money for the driver.
• Good sense of adventure!
Please note: Do not bring Cotton clothes or sock into the canyon as it draws away heat from the body and therefore not a good insulator.
Canyon trips are subject to cancellation or postponement is the weather is not suitable for the day.
See you soon on the trip 🙂
Mukessh and Susan
Participants are closed for this activity.