Date(s) - Saturday 13 January, 2018
Happy New Year To you All,
Me and Angelo will be running the first club canyon trip for 2018!
We’ll start off the year off with a nice and easy abseil canyon – Lower North Bowen Creek Canyon – in the Wollongambe region of the Blue Mountains.
We will build up to more advanced canyons in January and February.
This whole day trip requires 4 abseils of up to 15metres.
Eligible members need to fulfil the following criteria:
• Confidently and independently abseil with a rap rack device.
• Have good level of fitness, you are expected to carry your own personal items and a wetsuit in your pack all throughout the trip.
• Can swim in deep cold water for up to 50 metres with a backpack
• Canyons are nature’s obstacle courses – thus you will need to be able to scramble around boulders, traverse or slide through creeks and perform jumps into pools of water.
You will also need to bring along the following essential personal items.
• Grippy rubber shoes – such as Dunlop volleys or rubber canvas shoes from Kmart
• Woollen socks and thermal top (no cotton items as these will not insulate you from the cold)
• Light rain jacket (even if not raining)
• Lunch and snacks and at least 2 litres of water
• Harness, and safety line, descender, helmet, canyon pack, drybag, headtorch, and full wetsuit.
• Spare pair of shorts to be worn over the wetsuit for protection.
• Small first aid kit.
• Spare change of dry clothes to be left at the car.
• Sun protection
• Petrol Money for your drivers
The Club can provide you Harness and safety line, rap rack, descender, helmet, canyon pack, dry bag, head torch and wetsuit should you require them.
Everything else you must have at the start of the trip.
Priority will be given to those with cars and have completed abseil skills 1.
Please note that canyoning is weather dependant and subject to cancellation.
See you on the trip,
Susan and Angelo.
Participants are closed for this activity.