Date(s) - Sunday 22 April, 2018
If you’ve wanted to learn to abseil, now is your chance! Phuong and I will be running a beginners abseil course in Clovelly. We will get you to the point where you’re ready to participate in abseiling trips and abseil dependant canyons!
We will take you through a comprehensive and fun day where you will learn….
– to maintain personal safety in a potentially hazardous environment
– to correctly identify all the equipment used in abseiling and related safety
– to prepare yourself and personal equipment to abseil
– to conduct pre-abseil safety checks
– Proper technique and best practice through every stage of the abseiling activity
– to effectively communicate through every stage of the abseiling activity
– to Perform a variety of abseils including common cliff features and hazards
– to Perform firemans belay
– Can walk up four flights of stairs with relative ease.
– Get yourself to Clovelly by 9:45am on Sunday the 22nd of April for a 10:00am start (we will try and co-ordinate lifts from UTS if we can).
If we have time and if you’re lucky, you may even get some more advanced techniques from Grand Master Phuong!
We’ll confirm all participants by Wednesday the 18th or earlier. We’ll give some preference to anyone who can drive and convey people from UTS Building 10 to Clovelly.
So get signed up and good luck!
This activity is fully booked.