Date(s) - Saturday 18 August, 2018
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Abseiling is a fun and useful skill, used a lot for getting you into some pretty special adventures. This is your chance to learn to abseil, get in now so you’re ready to join those abseiling and canyoning trips!
We will be running a beginners abseil course in Clovelly.
We will take you through a comprehensive and fun day where you will learn….
– to maintain personal safety in a potentially hazardous environment
– to correctly identify all the equipment used in abseiling and related safety
– to prepare yourself and personal equipment to abseil
– to conduct pre-abseil safety checks
– Proper technique and best practice through every stage of the abseiling activity
– to effectively communicate through every stage of the abseiling activity
– to Perform a variety of abseils including common cliff features and hazards
– to Perform firemans belay
– Can walk up four flights of stairs with relative ease.
– Get yourself to Clovelly by 8:30am on Saturday the 18th of August for a 9:00am start (we will try and co-ordinate lifts from UTS if we can).
If we have time and if you’re lucky, you may even get to do some more challenging abseils in the area!
We’ll confirm all participants by Wednesday the 15th or earlier. Anyone who can drive from UTS Building 10 that morning, please make yourselves known in the comments section.
Get signed up and we’ll look forward to a great day out!
This activity is fully booked.