Date(s) - Sunday 11 March, 2018
Max and I will be running a canyoning trip to Hat Hill Canyon near Blackheath this Sunday (March 11th). It’s an amazing canyon, really picturesque, and also suitable for beginners, as it doesn’t have any abseils. You can check it out here http://ozultimate.com/canyoning/track_notes/hat_hill.htm
What to expect:
– Some creek walking through the canyon (8 km overall)
– Short swims and fun slides down short waterfalls
– You have to be comfortable swimming in cold water and have good level of fitness overall
What the club can provide:
– Canyoning gear: wetsuits, canyon packs, drybags, gloves, helmets
– NOTE: you have to be able to come to the club storage in Annadale on Saturday (March 10th) afternoon to pick up your gear (the exact timing will be communicated further)
What you need to bring:
1. Grippy shoes (dunlop volleys are great, but you can bring any grippy shoes that you don’t mind using in the water; shoes should be closed – no flip-flops!)
2. Woolen socks
3. Wind-proof jacket (nylon rain or spray jacket)
4. Snacks and 2L of water (plan to bring enough food for the day)
5. Old shorts to protect the wetsuit
6. Dry clothes and shoes to change into after we walk out of the canyon
7. Any thermals / underwear you wear under the wetsuit (preferably synthetic not to make you cold)
*HINT: any of the above can be bought really cheaply from K-Mart or Target.
Preference will be given to those who can bring a car. We usually share petrol cost among carpooling participants.
We’ll confirm your attendance by Friday, March 9th.
Participants are closed for this activity.