Date(s) - Sunday 04 March, 2018
7:15 am - 7:00 pm
Ronny and I will be heading up to Wentworth Falls on Sunday the 4th of March to conquer Empress and Grand canyons (it’ll be a big day). Empress is short but impressive with sustained constriction, some swims and a 30m abseil. On to Grand Canyon which is longer, there’ll be the odd swim and another abseil. We will end up back at the storage locker for a final equipment check and return. All up, it’ll be an energetic, fun filled day.
Pre-requisite: Intermediate Canyoning
– Available for gear pick up on at 3:30pm on Saturday the 3rd of March (or organise with a fellow participant to pick up gear for you).
– Able to meet at the Conservation Hut in Wentworth Falls by 7:15am, Sunday the 4th of March.
– Competent in abseiling/rappelling with ATC guide or rappel rack
– Able to swim at least 50 meters unassisted
– Good fitness
– Comfortable with scrambling around boulders, logs and other obstacles
– Comfortable with jumping into a pool of water from a height
– Responsive with emails
– Return gear to storage at the end of the trip.
Please detail your abseiling, canyoning, or rock climbing experience in the comments section when you sign up.
More information on the canyons can be found in the following links:
Priority will be given to those who can drive. Passengers, this will be $5 each way for the driver ($10 total) so please have the appropriate notes handy. Let us know if you will need a ride.
Information regarding gear, travel arrangements and so on will be sent to successful applicants.
The outcome of your application will be sent to you by email on Monday the 26th of February.
Please note that canyoneering is dependent on the weather. If it is not favourable we will have to cancel or reschedule.
Dushy (Seconding) and Ronny (Lead)
This activity is fully booked.