Date(s) - Saturday 26 January, 2019
This is one the trips happening on the Saturday Long weekend this month. Don’t’ worry if you can’t come on this trip, there will be a hiking trip run on the same day by Pat and Alex.
We’ll be running an intermediate canyoning trip – Bungonia Creek Canyon.
Biggest abseils are up to 60 metres in length, there’ll be waterfall abseils, a long walk out that will involve a long stretch of boulder scrambling and steep hill walk out.
To be considered for the trip, you will need the following pre-requisites:
1. Previous canyoning experience, multi-pitch abseil experience,
2. Have good fitness and endurance levels to compete the estimated 8-11 hour trip.
3. Be a confident and independent abseiler using a rappel rack.
4. Be able to swim 200 metres continuously in deep cold water,
5. Be confident to abseil in waterfalls and abseil into deep pools of water,
6. All the while carrying a heavy backpack on your back.
If you got what it takes to complete this adventure, then you are more than welcome to sign up!
The club can lend you wetsuits, canyon pack, dry bag, helmet, harness and rappel rack. Please state what you need in joining up.
Also important to note that we will be leaving Friday evening, and camping at Bungonia campgrounds so that we can start early on Saturday. Priority will be given to those will cars.
I will send out a personal gear list to bring, once I finalise the group list.
Experience canyoners should be aware of what the list entails.
See you soon on the trip,
Susan, Matt and Marta.
Participants are closed for this activity.